This year, Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) 2016 will be held from6 to 17 April 2016. Within this duration, the exam will be held in three sesssions which are scheduled at 9:00 am to 11:30 pm, 12:30 am to 3:00 pm and 4:00 am to 6:30 pm. The application form of VITEEE 2016 are available till 29 February 2016. Candidates may click on the direct link below to access the VITEEE registration portal. Know the eligibility criteria, updated exam pattern, syllabus, application procedure and more about VITEEE from the article below.
VITEEE Important Dates
In the information brochure of VITEEE 2016, all the important details about it will be released. However, for our readers we have prepared a table which shows the usual duration when the events of VITEEE are usually held. Candidates may acquire an idea about the exam date, application availability and more from the table below.
|Official notification/information brochure will be released in||Mid November 2015|
|Application form will be available from||26 November 2015|
|Application procedure will end in||29 February 2016|
|Corrections in application form can be done till||29 February 2016|
|VITEEE 2016 slot booking will start in||Mid March 2016|
|Admit card will be available from||Mid March 2016|
|VITEEE 2016 will be held in||6 to 17 April 2016|
|The result will be released till||29 April 2016|
|Counselling will commence from||2nd week of May|
Note: As soon as the dates will be released, we will update the article.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2016
Before applying for the exam and filling the application form, candidates must read the eligibility criteria to know if he/she is eligible for the admission. The VITEEE eligibility criteria will circumference the areas like the age, education and nationality. Candidates must meet these criteria, else the admission will not be granted.
Following are the clauses of VITEEE 2016 eligibility criteria:
- Candidate must be born on or after 1 July 1994.
- Only candidates who have studied in Regular/Full-Time/Formal Education institutes are eligible.
- It is necessary to complete class XII or any equivalent examination from a state or central recognized education board OR Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board OR HSC examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced (A) level General Certificate Education (GCE) examination.
- He/she must have passed the qualifying exam with a minimum aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Math or Biology (50% for SC/ST and candidates from Jammu Kashmir and Northeastern states candidates).
- Now, candidates who have passed the qualified examination from NIOS are also eligible to write VITEEE
VITEEE 2016 Application Form
The VITEEE application form 2016 are available online and offline. The last date to submit and make corrections in the application form is 29 February 2016. To submit the form follow the steps below:
Register Online – To do so, candidates need to submit Name, Date of Birth, Nationality, Email Address, Mobile Number and Verification Code. If all the information is submitted correctly, candidates will receive a Password, sent by VIT University.
Login – Next step is to log in, to fill the application form. To log in, candidates will have to submit registered email address and the provided password.
For Filling – After successful login, candidates will be able to fill the required educational, personal and communicational details in the application form. On submitting all the details, candidates will be allocated an application number. It is advised that candidates secure it safely, as it will be required in various stages during admission.
Payment – After filling the information, candidates will have to pay the application fee. The fee amount is Rs. 960 and candidates can pay it via Demand Draft, Net Banking or Debit/Credit Card. Those who will pay the fee via Deman Draft, are required to drawn it in favour of ‘VIT University’ payable at Vellore.
Upload Photo and Signature – The last step is to upload the photograph and the signature.
- Photograph should be passport size and coloured with 10 kb-300 kb (Dimension – 3.5cm X 4.5 cm) in jpg/jpeg format.
- Signature of the candidate must be in dimension 10 kb-300 kb (Dimension – 6cm (width) X 2 cm height) in jpg/jpeg format.
Note: Candidates who will submit the application fee online are not required to send the filled in application to the University. However, candidates who will pay the fee via DD must submit the confirmation page and a receipt of DD to the University. Also, do mention your name and application number at the back side of DD.
The application forms are also available offline. The offline VITEEE 2016 application form will only be available in authorized Post Offices. The address to submit the offline application form is as below:
1. Director – UG Admissions [or] 2. Mr. S. Rajasekar,
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore – 632014 Contact No. 9884765353
VITEEE 2016 Slot Booking and Admit Card
To write the VITEEE, registered candidates will have to book a slot. The slot for VITEEE 2016 has been disclosed by the University. In all, there will be three session/slots and candidates will have to book one. The slots for VITEEE 2016 will be as below:
- From 9:00 am to 11:30 am
- From 12:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- From 4:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Candidates must note that the slots will be booked on the first-cum-first basis. Hence, VITEEE slot booking must be done as soon as the window will open. Candidates who will book the slot later on might not get the desired slot as it will fill quickly.
Also, the admit card of VITEEE 2016 will only be issued after VITEEE slot booking. Registered candidates who will not book a slot, will not be able to download the admit card. The dates for slot booking and issuance of VITEEE admit card will be released soon.
VITEEE 2016 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of VITEEE 2016 has been upgraded. A new section of English language has been added. This section will carry 5 questions, of 1 mark each. The details of VITEEE 2016 exam pattern is as given below.
- Candidate will be allotted 2 hours 30 minutes or 150 minutes to attempt the question paper.
- Now, there shall be 4 sections, of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
- Each section, except the English language, will bear 40 questions of 40 marks each.
- 1 mark shall be given for every correct answer and no marks will be deducted for negative marking.
VITEEE 2016 Result
The result of VITEEE 2016 will be released online, on the official website. The result will be disclosed on 29 April 2016. The procedure to check VITEEE result will be as below:
- Access the link above or the official website.
- Then, enter the application number and the password.
- Submit the entered information by clicking on the “Submit” button.
- Consequent to the steps above, the result of the candidates will be displayed.
The result will only disclose the rank achieved by the candidates. To determined the rank, the University will use the Equating Method. Under it, a percentile rank will be determined for all the candidates. It will be a unique and invariant position allotted to the candidate. 70 percentile rank will denote that 70 percent candidates have scored less than the rank holder and 30 percent exam takers have scores more than the respective rank holder. Once the rank is allocated to the candidate, provision to challenge it will not be provided.
VITEEE 2016 Cutoff and Merit List
After the released of the result, candidates would be screened through benchmark of minimum marks. This benchmark is known as cutoff and it is applied categorically as well. Candidates can check cut off marks and merit list on the official website of the university. Selected candidates would be enlisted in the merit list in the decreasing order of their marks.
VITEEE 2016 Counselling and Seat Allotment
The counselling will also be held after the issuance of the result, probably in the month of May 2016. Last year, two rounds of counselling were held and same is expected for VITEEE 2016 counselling as well.
In the counselling, candidates will be called as per their rank and the seat will be allocated as per their preference, merit and vacancy status. Also, higher the rank, higher are the chances that the candidate will receive admission in the desired course. Candidates will have to attend the counselling in person and will have to pay Rs. 30000, as counselling fee, via DD. Candidates will have to draw the Demand Draft in the name of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore. Candidates who will be allocated seat will have to get certain documents verified.
List of documents required for verification is as given below:
- Copy of VITEEE 2016 Result and E-Admit Card
- Marks Sheet of Class X and XI
- Community Certificate
- Nativity Certificate
- Demand Draft of Rs. 30,000
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Conduct Certificate
- Photo Copy of Provisional Admission Letter
- 4 Recent Passport Size Photographs
- An affidavit, signed by the Student, Parent & Hostel affidavit in Rs. 20 Stamp Paper
- Physical Fitness Certificate.
Note: Candidates should carry the original, as well as, three sets of a photocopy of these documents.
VITEEE Contact Information
VIT University, Vellore-632 014, Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 5766