Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test popularly known as UPCMET 2016 is a state level entrance exam. This exam is conducted to offer admission to MBBS courses in private Medical colleges of Uttar Pradesh. Applicant interested shall fill the application form from November, 2015. UPCMAT is conducted by Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association. Admission will be done as per the merit list prepared in the manner mentioned in the brochure on the basis of marks secured in the above UPCMET-2016 exam. UPCMET 2016 exam shall be conducted on May, 2016.
|UPCMET 2016 Exam Summary|
|Exam Name||Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test|
|Commonly known as||UPCMET Medical 2016|
|Exam level||State Level|
|Conducting Authority||Uttar Pradesh Unaided Medical Colleges Welfare Association|
|Exam Stream||Medical Entrance Exam|
UPCMET 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants are eligible for UPCMET 2016 examination only if they satisfy following condition:
- Applicants have to be at least 17 years of age at the time of taking admission or should complete on or before 31st December, 2015.
- Applicants passed in Higher Secondary Certificate examination or its equivalent examination can apply for the examination.
- Applicants must have scored at least 50% of aggregate marks in Higher Secondary Examination in PCB (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) subjects taken together and English as their compulsory subject to apply for the examination (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC category)
UPCMET 2016 Application form
Candidates who are interested must fill and submit UPCMET 2016 application form.
Steps for applying for UPCMET form are mentioned below:
Step 1: Applicants need to visit www.upumcwa.org to register for the examination.
Step 2: Applicants need to fill their personal, qualification and other information as required in the form and submit it.
Step 3: Applicants need to upload their recent passport size photograph and signature and submit it.
Step 4: After filling up the form applicants need to make payment through Debit/ Credit card or through Demand Draft.
Step 5: Applicants need print their confirmation page and note down the Application No keep it safely for all future correspondences.
Applicants can also get their application form through following:
- Through Member Colleges: Information Brochure and OMR Application form can be obtained in person from the cash counters of the participating member colleges on cash payment of Rs. 1000
- Through post: Fill and send the application form through Speed Post to the address mentioned below along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 1050 in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly” along with two self addressed stickers.
First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden,
Bareilly – 243 001
- To complete the process applicants are required to pay their application fee of Rs 1000/-
Applicants can pay their application fees online through Debit/ Credit card and offline through DD in favor of “UPUMCWA” payable at “Bareilly (U.P.)” to “Coordinator – UPCMET 2015, First Floor, Anand Ashram Complex, Rampur Garden, Bareilly – 243 001”.
UPCMET 2016 Exam Pattern
- The test comprises of 2 papers:
- Paper 1: Physcial Science and Biological Science
- Paper 2: General English
- The time for paper 1 shall be 2 hours 30 minutes and for paper 2 shall be 30 minutes.
- Minimum cut-off pass percentage of marks in Paper-I shall be 50% (40% in case of SC/ST/OBC)
- Applicant ¼ marks will be deducted for every wrong answer given.
- The distribution of subject and questions is as below:
|Subject||No of Question|
UPCMET 2016 Exam Dates
|UPCMET Exam Events||Important Dates|
|UPCMET 2016 Application form sale begins||November, 2015|
|Last date to submit the application form||11th May, 2016|
|UPCMET 2016 Exam Date||31st May, 2016|
|UPCMET 2016 Result Declaration||2nd week of June, 2016|
|UPCMET 2016 Counseling||After July, 2016|